Sal Klita Blogger | Muzik impressions

Sal Klita Blogger

Saturday, July 16

Sufjan Stevens Is The New Bob Dylan?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Guess That Most Of The Muzik Magazines, Blogs & Zines Around The Net Opened Lately The Front Page With A Big Picture Of Sufjan Stevens Or With His New Album Cover - Illinois. Well, It's Not Made By Accident. I Heard All Of Stevens Album's Includes From His Early Band - Marzuki & Fell In Love With The Guy Only When 'Seven Swans' Came Out. But With Illinois I'v Got Some Kinda Ambivalent Feelings. Illinois Is A Very Long One, More Than One Hour & I Needed A Lot Of Patience To Stick It Till The End. Finally, When I Made It, I Lost Some Of My Bodyweight & Couldn't Listen To Soft Music For Two Days. The Dirtbombs Filled That Hole.
When I Eventually Came Back To Stevens, I Took 'Seven Swans' Album From 2004 & Relaxed Though When I Listen To This Album & Get To 'A Good Man Is Hard To Find' I Always Put My Self Endanger & It Could End Up With Tears. Sufjan Has This Voice That Conqueror U & Feeds Y'r Emptiness, His Muzik Has A Very Similer Kernel As To The Magnetic Fields & Stephin Merritt, While He Understand The Simplicity Of It, He Redecorate The Sweet Guitar & Banjo With Jim O'Rourke Eclectic Style Of Trumpets & Strings, & He Made It More Bigger & Pretentious In The Illinois Album.

Well, I'll Keep On Listening To It For A While Cuz I Know There Is More Magic In The Whole Album Than Only In 'Chicago' - The Amazing Song. Sufjan Stevens Is The New Polished Bob Dylan? That's An Option...I Prefer Think Of Him As The New Tim Buckley, Though I know He Is Not.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here U Can Listen To This Live Radio Show He Recorded A Few Days Ago, & Here U Can Also Watch It.

Home Page
Label Page
Rolling Stone Praise The Album


Image Hosted by ImageShack.usMy Next Muse Is New York?